Thursday, July 14, 2011

Zoom-a-Flume.... Trail...

Errr... Otherwise know as the Flume Trail. 





I got to bike a good chunk of it before I realized what time it was and turned around.  For the $8 "Locals" rate to park- and the 4 miles (uphill and partially sandy 2 track) ride to Marlette Lake, wading through the water from the dam, and then being on the Flume Trail - it was worth it.  I actually got pebbles in my shorts and had to get them out on the ride back.  I know you all wanted to know that.

There's a rope swing on the far right, trust me. 
Oh the Views.  And when you get to Marlette Lake at mile 4.9 (ish) there's a rope swing, which you can't even see in the photo, but it's there.

             Gaze follows the view, but luckily I managed to not go over the edge. 

View South on Flume Trail

Now to get Barrett, Jill, Laura, Tyler, Steven and whoever else wants to bike it up here!

 There is a big loop you can do out of it too that would be 24 miles including part of the Tahoe Rim Trail on the other side.   One can get a shuttle at mile 10 back to Spooner Lake, or you can turn around and go back.  I'd say I got about 7-8 miles in before I had to turn around.  But the view was WELL worth it!


Happy

2 comments: