Tuesday, July 12, 2011

From Tahoe to Mammoth to the Mobil Mart!

The river crossings have been really high, and I can't get a lot of my work done.  We have done car camping last weekend, and did day hikes in the Reno/Carson City area in the Mount Rose Wilderness this past weekend.  It is hot. Whew.

Sarah and I took down some bridges that we for sure know someone will be mad about. But no makeshift bridges, other than logs, in wilderness.  We got misted on by a waterfall on Hunter Creek Trail.  This trailhead is really close to the PattyG Outlet.  We were too dirty after taking out bridges to go in.  It's okay.  I know how much all that costs anyway.
Mount Rose from Jones Creek Loop Trail, Mount Rose Wilderness



My favorite days off recently involved paddleboarding around Kings Beach with Jessica and Ben who lived in Mammoth last summer.  You use every muscle in your body.  Even my little toe as cramping up.

 Then that night I drove to Mammoth to see all my favorite people except Barrett and Jill and the rest of my Maine/Alaska crew.   I got to see my Vermonters(except Mooch!) and my USFS and NPS people.

I highly recommend eating breakfast at Silver Lake Resort's Cafe in June Lake, followed by the rope swing or June Lake Beach.
And as always, the wood at Mono Market is Locally Grown, and Organic.  In case you were worried.

Also reiki and thai shiatsu massage is amazing for the IT band and the shins!

Thursdays are not compete without a musical and social gathering at the best little gas station in the Sierras.  Read this blog for some more insight.  I didn't take my camera (it's sorta broke again- been using the work camera).    I drove back to Carson City early Friday morning for work. It was an office day.  Let's hope those creeks go down so I can start inventorying campsites!

This weekend will be more low key, as I sit in my sweltering car in Gardnerville, NV... it maybe time to go take a dip somewhere, and mountain bike tomorrow.

Miss you all everywhere!

"One man practicing kindness in the wilderness is worth all the temples this world pulls." 
 Jack Kerouac (The Dharma Bums)

2 comments:

  1. PattyG outlet? I don't know what that is...too high class. I want to do Hunter Creek Trail with you :( Sara is one lucky bitch! But hlding Mt. Rose in your hand? Only tourists do that! Organic firewood is soooo good for you. Mmmmm!

    I miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmm yum firewood.

    And I am a tourist! jeez.

    ReplyDelete