Sunday, August 28, 2011

Why We Build the Wall

I've had a few weekends of office work, with a computer looking at a wall.  The Fire Prevention Officer shut the lights out on me one Sunday.  I said loudly, "Nope!", and he popped his head in and said, "Sorry didn't realize you were in here. We're going to have to cut a window infront of your desk so people know you're in here".

Haven't done that yet. But I did get to listen to a good ETown, from Burlington, VT episode.  The last song is Anais Mitchell and "Why We Build the Wall".  I love this song!



So it's so nice to get outside on the days off after looking at a wall.  Oh, and PS, my garden was an epic failure.  I do have 2 pepper and 2 tomato plants left. But the ground squirrel ate everything else. Thanks buddy.  I wasn't home enough anyhow.  It was at least an effort, expensive, and non-rewarding as it was.
I  realized that recently I have been building a lot of walls.  All this seasonal work. Everyone, including myself, going every which way. It's exhausting. You build walls. I haven't really expanded my social network since most of my friends are down in Mammoth. Now that the parents are gone, I got a bit more biking in (Thanks for coming!).  If ANYONE has a kayak out here, I'd love to borrow it please! I haven't kayaked all summer. 


The Gardnerville fire the 2nd day from .5 miles North of my barracks.
Gardnerville Fire Early AM on way to Yosemite
<><>
<> Fire from Gardnerville where parents were staying.
</>
</></></></></></> </></></></><><>
</></>
Half Dome. Yosemite trip with Poppa and Mama Cass.

Yosemite Bear Trap...hmmm...
Rim Trail Lucious Rocks from Kingsbury Grade to the Bench.
I still haven't bought knee guards!


View of Alpine Meadows Peak from 5 Lakes Trail. Tahoe. Thanks for going Jess!

Squaw with no snow from Alpine Meadows


View from our rock.  Speed Boat/Bucks Beach. North Shore Tahoe.

802.  And Kip! (possibly Kip Garre tribute).
It reminds me of ORS and Central VT through and through either way. I am still on vacation out here.

2 comments:

  1. Seasonal employees moving on because of work or circumstance are building walls? Nah, we're opening doors! We'll never get last summer back, but you gotta make awesome memories wherever you are. Your efforts to keep relationships alive are recognized sista! This blog is like a gateway into your heart :)

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this. Thanks Rosa!!!

    ReplyDelete