Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Day at the Beach

Mary, Steven, and I decided to get out of Mammoth and head South to Bishop.  Bishop is the land of bouldering, rock climbing bums, and a working-class Westerny (sorta) town. They actually have sidewalks on Main Street and the side streets in Bishop! Wow!

After perusing 'Cobwebs' the antique store in an old jail, the Mammoth Mountaineering Supply Gear Exchange, the used book store, and so on... we decided it was time to head to the Happy's- a local and well-known bouldering spot. They actually have a Ren and Stimpy shirt that says, 'Happy Happy Joy Joy' in memory of this spot.

I'd never been there before, so we followed Rosa and Jimi and after the paved road turned to dirt washboards, we arrived.  The parking lot was pretty full, and mostly of cars from other states. A handfull from CA and NV, one from British Columbia (my dream place to go), and so on. I was the only New Englander.

And here's our day at the beach... errr I mean bouldering in 70 degree weather. We were wearing down jackets once back home in Mammoth. There were so many boulders, I didn't get shots of everyone, but all had a great time in the Happy's!

I'm a tree




Steven

Some boulders and the White Mountains


oh hello
Finally found some REAL cider from the Northern Sierras!

No comments:

Post a Comment