Monday, February 21, 2011

Attempt at Tele...alone...in powderrrrrr

So Friday was a good day...
I borrowed some Got Back's with BD 01s from work.  I did miss the sun from the morning, and caught the weather in between storm systems.  I decided to create my own skin track and avoid the snowmachines (yes snowmachines, Philp) that were going up the right side of the Tele Bowls and Punta Bardini.   I went to the left and toured through the MotoX track and then tucked in up through the trees.
Oh just leaving from my house 
View near MotoX Track




What I was looking at when T called. Kind of looks like Vermont. Part of the Sherwin Range.
 Oh! And Tristan called me from Vermont on my skin out! See the Tele Bowls in the middle?  It was good to catch up quickly.  I miss home everyday.  As far as skiing, I didn't do any high aspects or anything, as I was by myself. The 01s are more fun to use than my non-tourable BD 03s.  My Avi gear arrives Friday! Woo! Avalanches? What are those? 



Powderrrrr skin tracks
 The new snow is much appreciated here. I skied back in a dense fog and snow, and didn't get to really practice my tele turn since I was trying to head the correct way back.  There's a bunch of knolls that all look the same and in a fog are trippy, but it was worth it. When I got home, the beer tasted perfect.  I will practice my turns, I promise T!  So my goal all of March is to get out on the hill behind my house and at Mammoth and telemark myself silly.

When I got home from my solo journey, we had new neighbors.
Made me miss Shannon (even though you're in Vermont)


Check out these shirts from December!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment