Saturday, March 5, 2011

YaR! Wooden Planks and Saddles!

My co-worker is very handy in metal arts, and wood carving... and free climbing and coffee roasting.... and I'm sure there's more.  So I couldn't help but notice the uncomfortable looking, yet amazing work of art his commuter bike has on it. 

It even has a "comfort channel" but he says it's still pretty uncomfortable. It is wood afterall.


El Capitan and Half Dome bringing up the rear

I also got to visit with Rosa, my co-worker from the USFS Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center this summer. She'd never been skiing, so I took her out for a nor-dork session in the Lakes Basin.

Just waiting for the Lakes Basin Bus... where could it be?

Someone skied to their cabin (I want a cabin)

Rosa and Crystal Crag

Rosa killing it off trail



Fridays are my volunteer afternoon at the nordic center  with the local adaptive program here at Mammoth.  After I was done I swapped out my skis and took some quick laps before dark on Panorama Dome.  I used some Excursions (someday I'll own some) with the Fischer S Guide with a BD 01 binding.  The S Guide is like the extinct Karhu Guide.  It was so fun. The snow was an untracked damper powder, and it was perfect.  I actually made some good tele turns, but no one was there to see. 

taken from my phone, but there's some nice tele turns in the snow there


No comments:

Post a Comment