Wednesday, May 26, 2010

First Hike of the Year (in CA)


























Tufas/Mono Lake in these 3 pics.








There's way to much snow in the backcountry, so I decided to explore the June Lake Loop trails, which still have snow cover, but not all. This involved me wanting to hike Walker Lake, but to hike
Walker Lake one needs to drive 2.5 miles up (and it turns to an up) a VT Class 3 road. So it was lots of big rocks/gravel, and I was so close but got annoyed and turned around. I miss my Subie.

So I forfeited and hiked Parker Lake, which is a much easier road. And this is what I saw.


























Then I went to the South Tufas. They are interesting to see once I feel. Then it just makes you want a real ocean somewhere (Maine perhaps?). I do need to get to the coast here sometime. Maybe after busy season.














1 comment:

  1. I don't have the formatting down. I apologize. It's more like I hate sitting down to do this so I rush it.

    ReplyDelete